11 years ago
Friday, August 7, 2009
Our day of "awesome" boating
Let me be the first to say that the pictures below DO NOT do the waves justice. These pics were taken as soon as we were in the harbor because that is the only point in which I could pull my camera out and not have it get soaked. But the waves out in the lake were like waves on the ocean! We went out on the lake today and the water was slightly rough. Good enough that we could still wakeboard. It started to get a bit choppy, so we went to mud lake where it wasn't as bad. I got out, wakeboarded, and then decided it took too much energy to fight the waves. So, as soon as I got out of the water the wind started blowing hard!!! All of a sudden there are huge waves everywhere. Especially when we got out in the main part of the lake they were HUGE! We took at least 4 ginormous waves over the bow not to mention the spray that came in around the sides. I had Allie and Garrett with me and as a parent you really start to worry how they are doing; but I have to say they were awesome. Allie closed her eyes everytime she knew we were going to hit down hard off a wave and never said a word. Garrett was nervous but he held it together. I have to say that if there is any chance of wind on any other day that we are supposed to go out I WILL PASS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment