when I woke up at 6:30 and my boys were getting themselves and Allie ready for school? Remember how they did everything perfect and never woke me? Remember how it was because they wanted to play the X Box? Well, unfortunately the Xbox was taken away for 3 weeks for a totally unrelated incident. The past two mornings this is what I have dealt with...
Mom: Boys get up!
5 minutes later Dallin is up getting ready and Garrett is still in bed. For the next 20 minutes I try to shove Garrett out of bed. Finally he rolls out, slides his clothes on, and makes his way out to the kitchen for breakfast- bed head and all. Dallin finishes eating first. I ask him to go brush his teeth. 5 minutes later I realize he is playing with the dog.
Mom: Dallin, have you brushed your teeth yet?
Dallin: You never told me to.
Mom: Are you kidding me? Do I even need to remind you after you going to school for 3 years now?
Dallin: Yes...
Mom: Get your teeth brushed NOW!
In the meantime, Garrett has finished and is sitting in front of the computer playing with his Ipod.
Mom: Will you please go brush your teeth?
Garrett: I did.
Mom: Let me smell your breath.
Garrett: I didn't use toothpaste.
Mom: Ok. I'll just go feel your toothbrush.
Garrett very quickly replies: Oh yeah, that was last night. I'll go brush them.
In the meantime, I notice Dallin is in Allie's room helping her organize her pet shops.
Mom: Dallin, have you brushed your teeth yet?
Dallin: (very screachly yells) AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
and runs into the bathroom.
Mom: Dallin, when you are done, please put your school bag in your lunch bag.
Dallin with a smirky smile and puzzled look: School bag in my lunch bag?
Mom: You know what I mean, Dallin. (I asked him about 5 times to this by now)
I go get dressed and notice I hear the kids running through the house chasing the dog.
Mom: Have we brushed our teeth yet?
Garrett: Dallin hasn't!
Dallin: Garrett hasn't!
(of course in unison)
Mom: You both had better get in there and brush them now!!
So I follow Garrett in and basically have to babysit him to get him to brush his teeth. He gets done.
Mom: Garrett, go get your lunch and put it in your school bag. (for the sake of time and space I'll just let you know this is the 6th time I have asked him to do this)
It is now -30 seconds past the time to leave.
Mom: Dallin, did you brushed your teeth?
Dallin from behind the closed bathroom door: Mom, I haven't been able to yet because I am going poop!
Are you kidding me???
Finally after much blood, sweat and tears I think that I have gotten them out the door. 2 hours later I get a call from Dallin,
Dallin: Mom, I forgot my lunch.
Mom: Dallin, remember how when this last happened I said I wouldn't bring you your lunch?
Dallin: Yeah, but I am really hungry.
Mom with a melted heart: Ok, I'll be there in a minute.
The next morning we go through this whole escapade all over again. But this time, 2 hours after school starts, while I am out running errands, Garrett calls.
Garrett: Mom, I forgot my lunch.
Mom: Are you kidding? How many times did I ask you to put it in your bag?
Garrett: I never heard you!
Mom: Umm, yes you did and why should I have to remind you! You have been going to school for 4 years now, you should know this!
Garrett: Mom, I am really hungry.
Mom with melted heart takes it to him.
What the heck? We take away the xbox and the whole Benson household gets thrown off its morning axis. We don't even let them play it every morning when it isn't taken away. All I know, is it started to get ugly in the morning about a week after they were not able to play it. (but they are a lot better once they come home) I honestly need a nap by the time they leave out the door.
11 years ago
5 comments:
Ah... gotta love mornings like that... except for at my house I throw in a few mumbled swear words under my breath, and am out getting a mountain dew by 10 a.m. You seem to handle it well!!
You'd think that... wait til it gets warmer and the windows are open.
Oh yea? Well, try having a puppy! (oh that's right - you do)
We DID miss you on Saturday. I'm sorry you missed out on all the free stuff I gave away to all the guests...spa treatment, manicure, pedicure to each and every guest. Ah well, maybe next time.
Okay, seriously? Just change the names and you've got an identical morning going on over at the Williams. Is it that hard to remember to brush your teeth? I always tell Kennedy, "You're going to be 'that girl' that has stinky breath and yellow teeth that no one wants to talk to or be friends with'". I am so mean!
To be frank, I am so glad I am not you in the mornings! haha. That just seems like a whole lot of work and frustration!!!
Post a Comment