Wednesday, February 4, 2009

D@*n Dog...

Please don't misinterpret my anger and think I regret getting this dog, because he is actually really good- better then any other dog I have owned during my married life. However, two mornings ago, we were in a hurry trying to get out the door to get the kids to school. I ran into my room to unplug my life line (aka cell phone) because I feel naked without it. As I am bent over looking at the phone, I notice I smell dog poo. I thought, "Geez, it really smells like dog poo. I wonder if it went in my room." Still calm, I stand to start looking for it which didn't take long. The second I turn around there it is- or used to be. I notice there are two dog poo smelling spots on the floor directly behind me but where was the poo? Then came the thought... As I slowly began the process of lifting my foot off the floor and turning it so that I may be able to see the bottom the smell gets worse and worse. Then there it was. Smashed into the bottom of my favorite boots that I wear all the time because they are the only shoes, besides my snowboarding boots, that keep my feet warm in the winter. I wear them in the house like they are slippers. I couldn't help but escape the scream from my lips as I hopped on one leg into the bathroom to throw my boot into the tub. Once the poop infested boot was off my foot I began the search for that dog. The kids were very helpful in helping me find the dog because they could tell I meant business. Besides, the dog pooped in my room, on my carpet and I stepped in it with my boots! Totally different story had it been one of the kids and in their room. The dog was put in its kennel for the rest of the morning where it sat very quietly. At least it learns quickly, right?

6 comments:

Lisa said...

eeeww that sucks!

Janice {Run Far} said...

oh "SHIT" I hate it when that happens. LOL-
Last night Greg and I were talking about how fun it would be to have a dog, but now I am thinking no.

Kathy said...

But just look at that face!

The Bensons said...

Kathy- would you say that to me if I came over, pooped on your bedroom floor and then you stepped in it? I think not.

The Rocking Radmalls said...

It gives the name "Noodle" a whole new meaning! It is a good thing she is a cute dog. Sorry about the boots. I mean, it happens, but it doesn't have to happen on the warm boots, does it?

pilatesmommy said...

I feel your pain.....I just spent 30 minutes picking up all the 20 dog poops off my front lawn! They were wet, soggy and smelly.....oooow was that too much information? lolololol