Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's been awhile since I had something to rant about...

So here it is~
Cats!!! Not only cats, but cats that decide to poop in my yard! Over he past two weeks I have on several occasions found little kitty cats using our flower bed as a litter box. So today as I am cleaning up my flower beds- what does it smell like? You guessed it! A stinky, poopy, musty kitty cat bathroom. So here is my thought... if dogs are not allowed to roam the neighborhood, why are cats? They are just as bothersome as dogs because they don't learn. Dogs you can spray with the hose and they get the idea. Cats wait for you to turn you back and then they come back and crap right where you sprayed them. One year, everytime I mowed our lawn, the very next day a cat would poop in the exact same spot as the week prior. I am sick of it! It stinks! I think that people that have cats should be required to ensure that animal stays in their yard 100% of the time. Unless, of course, they are responsible enough to follow little kitty everywhere and clean up their poop everytime it goes in someone elses yard. If you can't handle it then don't own the animal!

5 comments:

Lacee DeG said...

WAHOO!! Finally, someone with common sense! Just last week I had my rugs on my porch so I could shake them. It smelled funny, I couldn't figure out what the AWFUL smell was until I turned it over and found a HUGE WET SPOT! A stupid cat had PEED all over my RUGs! OOOOO.....I was TICKED! Where was a bebe gun when I needed it?

Emily said...

Good luck with that. By the way, Santaquin city P.D. has a "friendly trap" that you can trap them with and drive them to a happy pasture somewhere. I do not know this from experience, of course. Ross just shoots 'em!!!

The Olsons said...

I guess I shouldn't be jealous that you can see your flower beds. I guess since mine are all covered in snow they go elsewhere and there aren't many options. Lucky you, you can do yardwork on February 2nd and clean cat crap! And now that two cats just mated in my driveway a couple days ago, we will be seeing many more of them around. I guess you better go get that trap from the city. We've borrowed it before. It works good!

Laura said...

Our neighbors dog poops in our front yard, and it looks like elephant poop. But the cats skip us, I guess cause of the dogs. I don't know which is worse.

Janice {Run Far} said...

that pic is hilarious.

To answer your question about the "Swimmer" She lives in Vernal.... a friend I had while living there. I am certain you don't know her, and be grateful, she is a beast. LOL- :)