Friday, January 29, 2010

Look Who's 5!

Look at my sweet little girl. She is 5. I was telling Ryan that we are now in a different phase of life. We no longer have itty bitty's in our house and with the no chance of having other itty bitty's we are now shoved through the door of- what is called- older parenthood. We are now the people "with older kids". How did this happen! I closed my eyes and when I opened them our kids grew up! Anyway, all she has been talking about for her birthday for the PAST 5 MONTHS is a new bike. All this past week she has been sick (temp of 103) so we weren't ever able to go pick one up while she was at school. So on her birthday she was able to go with Ryan and I to pick one out. Anyway, here are some pics of her big day.

She wanted donuts for her birthday cake. :)
She wanted a zhu zhu pet as well. I didn't know what these things were until she pulled it out of the box. And let me say, even though the thing is obnoxious, it has totally filled the Oscar void. She calls it her "little buddy" and has slept with it every night since.
Here are some things that Allie has learned to do this past year...
1- Learned to ride a horse
2- Is now able to sit on the tube in the middle of the lake and not scream. (working on getting her in the water)
3- Found she wants to marry Trey ;)

4- Learned she likes to fish
5- Learned how to entertain herself while driving in the car for extended periods of time.

6- How to coordinate her own outfits
8- To float on a tube in the pool without screaming. (still working on getting her into the water)

9- How to work people because she is so stinking cute! How could you resist this face!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

aaaaah!! 5?!?! She is so stinking cute! what a little sweetheart......sorry to hear she's been sick....hope she's doing well now!

The Olsons said...

Happy Birthday Allie! She is so cute, and kinda like a daughter of mine. Ya know Ethan and her play Mom and Dad almost every day. So it's kinda like she's my daughter in law.

Cyndi said...

She is so cute! I feel like she is your mini clone! so fun!

Lacee DeG said...

Oh, she is SO super cute!! She looks like she is full of spice! I love it!

Unknown said...

Love that Allie girl! She is such a good girl. It seems like yesterday when you moved in and she was 6 months old.