Monday, April 4, 2011

SHAC Tri~

I finally bit the bullet and trained for a tri. I have always wanted to do one but hated (and not known how to) swimming. Swimming to me was laying out on the side of the pool while the kids played on the other side to ensure they didn't splash me. I have never enjoyed the face in the water/not able to breathe when I want thing. But my friend finally convinced me she couldn't swim either and therefore we would suck it up together so I agreed to do one. First off, let me say, she can swim much better than me so I think she was exaggerating a bit there.... I'll remember that one. ;)





Anyway, here are some pics from this past weekend... My swim pic is blurry because I was going so fast (that is a lie).
My heart is still with running but I will for sure do more tri's in the future. I finished in 1:18. There are definitely places I can improve starting with the swim. Something to work towards for next time, I guess!

7 comments:

Kim said...

I think you're being a bit modest!! I'm sure you kicked some major bootie. WAY TO GO!! I need to put that on my bucket list

Lacee DeG said...

What? Swimming involves actually getting IN the water? But, I'm so good at laying NEAR the water! I'm so glad you didn't drown..Yay! You DO look like you were going super fast, and getting a tan, too. What an awesome accomplishment! Can't wait to hear all about it!

The Bensons said...

Kim- for the record, I was going slow on the swim. The average girl finished about two minutes before I did. My swim was 11:22. I finished a little faster than the people with water wings. And BTW... you AND Lacee would kill a tri. I think we should all train for this tri next year! Ok, it's official.... girls weekend a year from 2 days ago!

The Olsons said...

Way to go Em! I love the pics and still haven't had a chance to talk to you about all this.

TJ said...

wow, you're amazing!!!!

The Bensons said...

TJ! What is the blog you actively keep up? I added on of your but then realized the last time you posted was last year!

Shawn said...

Awesome, great job! Now do Salem, I need an expert to show me the ropes.