Thursday, March 31, 2011

Oh my little girl.....

This is my angel Allie.... for those of you who know her you really can't say anything bad about her. She is the most helpful, loving and sweet little girl. One thing we have had to work on from birth with her, though, is eating. If it isn't drowned in syrup or sugar she really doesn't want anything to do with it. We literally have bribe her with dessert after dinner to get her to eat at least some of her meal. It wasn't until 1 year ago that she quit being vegetarian. Anywho, this post starts two days ago. I made a big ol' pot of chicken noodle soup. Allie immediatly goes into defense mode and says she hates soup. Knowing the battle we are about it encounter we decide to leave the choice up to her.... Eat your dinner or go to bed. She says, "Ok." and turns around, walks into her room, shuts the door and goes to bed... it is 6:00 pm. The next morning she comes out and announces that is was the "worst night ever" because of her tummy rumbling during the night. So I figured we had it in the bag for dinner that night.

I decided to resort to bribing again and allowed her to get a treat at the gas station but was not allowed to eat it until she finished her plate of dinner. She agreed and sat down to eat her hotdogs and broccoli... both of which she said she LOVES. While she ate I went outside to help Ryan work on the car. About 10 minutes later she came out, announced she was done. I went in to check and, sure enough, she had finished her meal. So she got her treat.

Later last night, as I was putting the ranch away, I noticed it looked a little strange. As I stuck the fork in to investigate, this is what I found.................
Can you see the hotdogs? Needless to say, the treat was thrown away.

2 comments:

Lacee DeG said...

Ssssssssneaky! Maybe you should smother the hotdog in syrup, too!! Happy birthday!

The Olsons said...

Oh . . . back in the ranch huh? Haha! Do kids really think we'll never notice these things? That is hilarious.