Thursday, June 11, 2009

5.86 Race!

You know, I have never done a race that was 5.86. I have done a 5k or a 6.2, but never a 5.86. Ryan's work is throwing a miniature olyimpics and I was voluntered by those incharge to run this race. It was a whopper- 8 of us ran. 5 men and 3 women. So chances of me placing were in my favor. I knew the race was coming up however I wasn't sure what day. Ryan called me Tuesday at about 3:00 and informed me it started at 6:3o that night up provo canyon. (Not to mention I had to teach spin that night at 8:00) Needless to say I had to hurry. It started at Vivian and ended at the mouth right after the bridge and it RAINED and BLEW GUSTS of WIND the whole way. I hate running in wind... I have to stop a moment and let all you know that trail is the number 2 thing I miss the most about living in Orem. It is perfect to run on...

So right from the get-go we were running hard. I ended up finishing first in the women (I know, big accomplishment being there were 3 of us) with a time of 42.16 so I win GOLD!!! Our closing ceremony is next Thursday. Yep, there really is a closing ceremony and I have to stand on a stage and get medalled.

9 comments:

Kirstin said...

YEAH! You are an inspiration! Someday I will be able to run 2 miles straight! So did you get to spin on time?!

The Bensons said...

Yep with two minutes to spare!!

Janice {Run Far} said...

way to go, you gold medalist you.... guess who I went to lunch with on wed? Cherie and Brooke... it was so fun to catch up. next time you have to come too. we made our plans over face book, are you on face book?

Shawn said...

where do you teach spin?

The Bensons said...

Payson High in the basement by the track...

Shawn said...

what do I have to do to be a part of your class? is it just a bunch of ladies that are going to be staring at my butt the whole time?? ;)~

The Bensons said...

Nope! All butts are facing away from others. You just need to show up and pay 2.00 a time or 15.00 a month. And there are guys that go- not alot, but some.

The Bensons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawn said...

shoot me an email so I can get some more specifics. shawnrayp@gmail.com