Tuesday, July 7, 2009

O.R.E.G.O.N.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE OREGON! The town we usually visit is Richland. It is a tiny town, population 210. It looks alot like Idaho in town but drive 15 minutes in any direction and you are surrounded by beautiful mountain terrain. I used to spend months in the summer there traveling with my grandparents or living at their home. I have so many fond memories involving that state. First of all, let me tell you a little about my grandmother. She is now 83. She and my grandfather hunted every year as well as fished and had a beautiful garden. He died 18 years ago and she hasn't stopped doing those things. She will go shoot an elk up in the mountains, gut it, and then drive into town to get one of the menfolk to help her drag it out. She also will help anyone at the drop of a hat. She is who I want to be like when I am older. A love for life and everything it involves. She is truly an amazing person. Below is a picture of a bear she shot... I know.So, being I haven't been out there since right before we moved to Santaquin I was super excited to go. Here are just some pics of some fun things we did while we were out there.
The first night we fished from a bridge just around the corner from where they live.

I took this pic of Allie while we were fishing. I couldn't get over how blue her eyes looked so I had to post this. My sister, her 4 youngest kids, my mom and stepdad and two of my aunts were all there too. This is what the living room looked like when it was time to go to bed.
When the kids got restless, we would walk to the "Hitching Post" and get some treats. This is us getting ready to go.
They also loved playing in my grandma's old Willy's jeep. They would pretend they were driving everywhere.Then on the 4th, Dallin, my sister, mom, aunt and her husband went out onto the Powder river (snake river tributary) and went fishing for crappy. We caught 140 fish in 3 hours.

Then, of course, there is my grandmothers pool. It isn't big but it is something that I have grown up swimming in for YEARS! It is so much fun to see my children enjoying the things that I have always loved and hold dear to my heart.

Anywho, yesterday our last big fun thing we did was fishing up at Fish Lake. It is this tiny little lake in the middle of the mountains. Again, we caught 37 trout with 3 of us not fishing. Dallin alone caught 12 of those. It was so much fun and I know this is something that my kids will never forget.
I had to post this picture of my sister just to show how different we look. I had so much fun with her on this trip. We had to share the same bed and hardly slept because we sat up talking all night.
This is my Aunt Marilyn. Allie let go of her fish line right when I took the picture.
This is what we felt like everyday by 5:00. Oh, how relaxing....
Anywho, this trip, I feel, was a success. The kids behaved and the food was good- I never stopped eating! Expect to see me running A LOT over the next couple weeks. I have damage control to do.

4 comments:

pilatesmommy said...

I can tell that you had so much fun! That's so cool that your kids had so much fun without boobing, and whinning. I'm happy for you!

The Olsons said...

What an awesome granny you have!

I love that picture of Ally so very cute!

It looks like you had so much fun, and it looks beautiful there! I want a trip really bad, I guess next week is Bear Lake but I kinda want to go to Oregon/Washington area. I really want to go to the redwoods.

Jane said...

I love Oregon!! Looks like lots of fun!!

Bran..Brit..Jax..and Skylee said...

She shot a bear? I need to meet this amazing independent lady. Holy crap I dont know her and I love her!