fruit fly n.1. Any of various small flies of the family Drosophilidae, having larvae that feed on ripening or fermenting fruits and vegetables, especially the common species Drosophila melanogaster often used in genetic research. Also called pomace fly, vinegar fly.
2. Any of various flies of the family Tephritidae, having larvae that hatch in and damage plant tissue.
3. Any of various flies of the family pointless, annoying, bring the whole extended family and their extended family to stay, unwelcomed, like-to-fly-in-your-face-so-they-get-sucked-down- your-esophagus, etc. They like to swarm children as they eat breakfast just to upset them. Also called @#%& flies, %#^$ bugs.
3 comments:
AMEN SISTER!!! Seriously, I am about to fumigate my house. It makes me feel so dirty and that my house isn't clean (well, it kind of is :) ). Ick. Fruit flies suck!!
So glad it is not just me!! We have been going crazy for 2 weeks!
I opened my garbage can today and was attacked by them. They are so horrible here. I went to the store to get a donut and there was a sign that said "DO NOT EAT, CONTAMINATED BY FRUIT FLIES."
Post a Comment