11 years ago
Friday, September 11, 2009
I would like to address...
Santaquin's babysitter shortage issue. Let me back up. ... When I was in jr. high I babysat EVERY SINGLE DAY. Not only was I paid like crap but I didn't do anything after school for most days. But on the weekend I always had my own money and I loved it! What is the freaking deal??? I can't get a babysitter to save my life! I know my kids are active but they are pretty well behaved and we pay really good! So why is it when I call 13 and 14 year olds they are "busy" at 9:00am? What is it they are doing that they are busy that early? They are not wanting to get out of bed and do their service is what they are doing! Why is it, when you call a potential babysitter they say, "Ummmm.....(long pause) I can't." Where do they get their spending money? Mom and Dad, that's where! Why are the parents enabling the baby sitter shortage? Don't the parents remember how nice it was that they had babysitters when their kids were young? All I want.... IS TO HAVE A NICE EVENING ALONE WITH MY HUSBAND WHERE WE DONT TAKE OUR KIDS WITH US AND DROP THEM OFF IN OREM AT THE GRANDPARENTS HOME AND HAVE A NICE CAR RIDE TO AND FROM THE DATE!!! To extend the nice quiet evening with a peaceful car ride home would be divine! Is that too much to ask for? Don't get me wrong... love the kids.... which is why everything we do is centered around them.... which is fine! But I would like to have a moment of mindless talk and not having to answer why tarantulas live in holes rather than webs or why the moon changes it shape every few days. So please, please, PLEASE let's figure out a solution to this sitter issue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Haven't you heard, babysitting is NOT cool anymore. What?!! I use to live for babysitting also. Not only did it get me out of my own house, but now I had my own money.
Apparently you don't offer the right perks. If you have pizza waiting, movies and treats. Offer to do trade for haircuts and colors. Works like a charm!!!! haha just kidding!! Unfortunatley we're just losers enough to rarely need a babysitter!!!!!
Oh, I feel for you. I don't know what to tell you, but the pizza idea sounds great! What kid doesn't love free pizza?! We were actually suprised when we moved into this new ward, the day our records were read in, we had a family with 3 girls knocking at our door with cookies and a homemade "business card"! BUT, there are like only 5 families with small kids that don't have older siblings to babysit for them, and we have like 40 young women, so the odds are in our favor. Really, I do feel very bad for you, so try the pizza!! Good luck!
Post a Comment