Monday, November 30, 2009

Oh my Gosh- Leave the poor man alone!

For those of you who know me well, my favorite thing to do on a quiet Sunday afternoon, (besides heading up to Park City... I know, sinner) is to watch golf. And one of the reasons I love watching it is because of this guy, Tiger Woods. I am sure everyone has heard of his little accident this weekend, how could you not, right? With the media up in his face and beating down his door how could you not! I had an accident last year in our truck and I didn't have the media coming down on me asking where I was going, why I was out so late, if I had a mistress... you get the idea. I know I am not in the public eye and that is why the media isn't there, but CAN A PROFESSIONAL GOLFER NOT GO OUT OF HIS DRIVEWAY AT 2:30am WITHOUT PEOPLE THINKING HE IS NOT THE PERSON THEY THOUGHT HE WAS??? It isn't Tiger that is ruining his image, it is the media. Plain and simple. The public doesn't demand they know what he was doing, it is the media. I read something today where "Tiger needs to answer questions or this will ruin his image and career!" It wouldn't if the media would back off... Who is allowing them to call the shots and dictate people's lives? They are like a bunch of vultures! Who really cares where he was going... I don't. If he is stepping out on his wife I hope they can work it out. This will not change the fact that I love watching him playing golf. He is still #1 in my book. And before this happened, if I had the chance to meet 1 professional athlete it would be Tiger Woods. After this happened, if I had the chance to meet 1 professional athlete it is STILL Tiger Woods. I know what I do in my private life is my business and no one else's and its the same with everyone else. Including Tiger Woods! Just because he is famous doesn't mean his life should be ruined because of an accident! What he does in his private life is between him and those close to him. That's it- no one else!!! If he was doing something that he shouldn't have been then those that are criticizing him should be thankful they are so perfect!
Ok, I feel better now.

6 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

I agree..... BUT, when they choice to be a famous actor or athlete, they know what they are getting into. I am not saying it is OK, for the media to be breathing down his neck, but seriously, what did he expect? You get in a fender bender and your name is Tiger Woods, the world will hear about it and all your dirty laundry will be shown to the world. I love this guy. My hubby is a HUGE fan... I dont care for golf, but I can watch Tiger any day, and time.

Bran..Brit..Jax..and Skylee said...

I know Em, That's why I don't read magazines anymore, and I dont watch tmz or any of that crap, becasue I don't want to support those people for ruining these other peoples lives. Not to sound cheesey or anything, but I dont think that Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson would have gotten divorced if it werent for all the shit that the media said. And Im sure that goes for so many other celebs!Yes they chose to entertain us, and thank heavens someone can act because I like seeing movies and listening to music.. If we didn't have this than we might as well be pioneers!
Anyways..... How was thanksgiving?

Shawn said...

are you going to amend this post now that he has publicly apologized to his family for "his actions?"
I do agree that were all sick of hearing about it and the media has magnified his personal life. but like the first reply said.... what did he expect?? it's part of making $100 million a year, if he's going to demand as much as he does for public appearances and sponsors.... he dang well better expect to be just as popular when something negative comes up.

The Bensons said...

Brit- thanksgiving was great!
Shaun.... That is fine he apologized, I don't condone cheating. BUT! The fact alone that he was forced into publicly apologizing, when it should be between himself and his wife, I don't agree with that. Yes, he should be a role model if he is going to make that much money. But Nike isn't dropping him... so they obviously aren't too concerned. It is NOT THE PUBLICS BUSINESS WHAT HAPPENS IN HIS PRIVATE LIFE! He is a professional athlete. That is what he is known for. Look at all the NBA players that cheat on their wives...You don't see them publically humiliated because of it. As long as he is not killing people or abusing people, dogs or drugs I feel he shouldn't be condemned and have his whole career ruined. Not to mention his poor wife having to go through this with all eyes watching her! People need to have a little more compassion to the situation especially since his family is involved.

Shawn said...

I wasn't saying that it was right that it all become public, etc. Just saying that it comes with the territory. He's been cashing the publicity checks for a while now knowing full well that the reason those checks are so big is because he's such a popular and respected figure.......positive or negative. That's just the way it works. Anyone else that's been as close to popular (earning huge sponsor bonus, Kobe) as he is has also had to deal with there sitarion just as publicly.

The Bensons said...

That is true, but I also think that Kobe shouldn't have had to of been public either. He didn't rape anyone, therefore it is something that should have been handled privately. I know it comes with the territory, as well as the professional athletes. That is why there was such a rant from me... I get sick of hearing about these things with public figures- they need to be able to be left alone and have a private life where they don't get crucified for bad, stupid decisions! They are human- please do not think I am ok with cheating because I absolutely is not. He is a very respected and admired person therefore I do see how this could be totally blown out of the water and therefore it is disappointing. But I am not going to stop loving watching the guy golf because that is what made him famous.