I need to get the word out on this and would love for everyone who reads this to spread the word and COME! I am helping one of my friends organize a 5k for Amy Jackson who was diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer a few weeks ago. I have never had the privilege of meeting her, but being a mother and wife myself I couldn't pass this by. She has been a great support in our community so we are wanting to show our appreciation for her with raising money for her family in this time of need. They do not have insurance so please come out to this race to support them. We were originally planning this for the first week in June, but have recently decided it would be best to move it up to this weekend. Since we want all proceeds to go to their family there will be no prizes at the end. So being this is a very low key 5k it is great for the family- so bring your kids! You can run or walk so there is no pressure. It will start at Santaquin City Park and end there as well. It is also only 5.00 per person to register! There will also be a box to donate more if you would like. Again, this is a fundraiser race, so if you are coming out to win it and get a grand prize- it ain't gonna happen. :) You will be lucky to get a bib number! The real prize comes with helping their family out.A couple things we may need,
1- if anyone has a 5 gallon water jug we could use please let me know.
2- If anyone can't race but would like to help, we may need help from people at the aid station. Just let me know if you are interested. We may even need help that morning to register people.
3- last, since we are trying to get the word out, if you would like, please post something about this on your facebook, blog, my space, twitter... anything you have to spread the word.
So remember, May 8th at 8:00am at Santaquin City Park. Please come early (7:00) to make sure we register you on time for the race.
Can't wait to see you all there!
1 comment:
That is awesome! I hope you guys have a good turn out! When I did the run for Nie Nie they just gave us all a sticker to put on that said something like "Run for Nie" when we registered. No numbers or anything. It's good to keep it simple.
I have a 5 gallon water jug you can borrow if you need. Just let me know.
Post a Comment