Today was a beautiful day. I woke up early, got my run in, birds were singing, the smell of fresh wheat in the cool spring air. I was ready early and headed out by 8:15 to get the boys to baseball camp at UVU. After I dropped them off with their carpool I headed to the DMV to renew my license. Apparently they are not open on Friday... that was ok since it was a good day. So, I headed up to Jamba Juice and then to the baseball park to watch the kids.
Off to the west of the park there is a small parking lot. I decided to park there so there wasn't such a long walk. I got into the park, found the perfect seat (out of 5000 to choose from) and sat down to enjoy the sun and entertainment as well as enjoy my tasty drink. After sitting for about 5 minutes I started thinking I might get a ticket where I had parked. I decided to call my step dad who works there to see if I should move. While conversing with him I decided it would be best to just go and move it over to the main parking lot. As I started up the stairs, phone in one hand up to my ear and Jamba Juice in the other, my flip flop didn't quite clear the step and DOWN I WENT. We are not talking a soft landing folks, we are talking no catching myself, face to the concrete steps landing. It was such a rough landing that I actually ended up with no shoes on my feet. So, there I am face down, phone case 3 steps up from me, phone under my hand, Jamba Juice cup broken in half with contents spilling out, keys 2 steps down and barefoot. I quickly jump up to see if anyone saw me when I realized half the UVU baseball team and about 60 little kids witnessed it. It's been a great day...
11 years ago
5 comments:
OH MY GOSH! how embarrassing!!! hahahaha....i would have loved to have seen it. But really, are you okay?? any bruises, scraches, ec? oher than the ego that is. =)
ahhhhhh man! And I didn't even trip you :) Just kidding- I'm so sorry, I took a fall last month in our neighborhood (luckily in my case it was dark and no one saw me) I swear those kinds of falls hurt worse as adults...ouch! I'm so sorry! Did you have to fake laugh it off so everyone would stop watching? What a day!
dang... hope the only thing hurt was your ego and not a body part.
HAHAHA!!! Amy, it reminded me of the time you tripped me in the halls of OHS when my hands were caught up in my back pack straps and I went face down... I have to admit that was pretty darn funny. I fake laughed it off but yes, the embarrassment was quite grand. I am ok, the only thing that hurts is my pinky finger. But I did end up with scrapes on the tops of my feet.(?)
LOL!!!!!! Glad you're ok, sorry I missed it!
Post a Comment