This morning I woke up, made breakfast for myself and Dallin and Allie, and passed on the doing of the hair, shower, brushing teeth, making bed, getting kids ready, etc., etc. Instead, I chose to sit down and do a puzzle. Not any puzzle, but the puzzle that Allie decided to shove onto the floor 20 pieces from being done 2 years ago. So, I chose to do it today- and that is ALL I did today. From 8:30 am until 4:30 pm I did nothing but that puzzle. I did stop half way through to take an IB 800 because of the pain that was radiating down my neck from looking down all morning, but went right back to finishing it up. So, finally finished the puzzle and went to the bathroom. As I am going towards the bathroom I hear Allie say, "Mom, you're done! You need to put it away." I tell her, "Not yet, Allie. Let's wait 'til Dad wakes up to show him." (I have to show him that my day was somewhat productive) Ryan woke up about 30 minutes later, ate some food and fell back asleep. (She did wait until he woke up) Next thing I know Allie is ripping into the puzzle to put it away. I said, "ALLIE! I told you to wait!" She says, "Sorry mommy. I love you." Someday that isn't going to work anymore....
5 comments:
Sometimes, they're just so precious.
oh my hell... I would have yelled... but that is just me... =) and that puzzle looks so hard. I love love love puzzles.
It was a hard puzzle. Very, very hard- especially the sky.
Ahhh! fond memories of a puzzle always in progress at the Edens home... good times.
So THIS is the famous puzzle you were telling me about!.........yeah, that puzzle looks REALLY hard. You need to be rewarded somehow......I'll let ryan know. =)
Post a Comment