Monday, December 15, 2008

My Spin Class Today

So... today I had a spinning class at Golds. I have been going at night to Payson to spinning but decided to get it over and done with today. So, I made the great effort to get there on time, pay for Allie to go to the daycare and get in there early to ensure that I get a good bike in a great location (right next to the fan). So, the class starts and I am amped and ready for an incredible workout- we all need that this time of year, right? We are in the warm up when a man walks in and gets on the bike right next to mine. So far, not a problem. Then I watch for the next2 minutes as he adjusts the bike so it is at an angle right in front of the door. Still not a problem but now he is at a 70 degree to me rather than parallel. We are pedaling at a fast cadence, we are feeling the beat of the music when Nirvana comes on. Still not a problem but the guy next to me starts to sing along and loud enough to hear word for word. (that is hard to do being the music is really loud.) That is fine, I grew up through the grunge era and still have a special place for it in my heart. Then the next song comes on. It is some 80's song from pretty in pink. Again, he starts to sing it- really loud! EVERY SINGLE SONG THROUGH THAT CLASS HE SANG WORD FOR WORD!!! Now it is a little problem.... When you go to spinning it is hard- you need to zone and focus and all that stuff. That is hard to do when you have Micheal Bolton sitting next to you. About half way through the class he says something to or towards me and, being I couldn't hear anything and really didn't care, just smiled and shrugged my shoulders- remember I am still trying to get in the zone. AS IF THE SINGING WASN'T BAD ENOUGH, he must have thought that we were tight after that because every time he would sing a hard part or something, I am assuming, he thought sounded really good he would look over at or towards me. Either way, I wasn't about to make eye contact because in these situations you DON'T FEED THE BEAR. Am I just really rude or would that drive anyone else nuts?

1 comment:

Janice {Run Far} said...

That would drive me so crazy. Ugh... weird-o's. I love spinning.... but not when some wack job is singing word for word and being weird.