Thursday, July 10, 2008

It is Official!

For the first time in 8 years we are not buying diapers or pull-ups and we have every intention of keeping it that way until Ryan and I are old and have lost control of our bowels.

Allie is finally potty trained. For the first few days I would have to remind her to go to the bathroom and if I didn't then she would have an accident. Also, she hadn't conquered "dropping the cosby's at the pool". But yesterday she came running up to me and said she had to go. She went running into the bathroom and climbed up. I went in to check on her a bit later and she said, "Mom! I went poop! It's a big one! Now can I get my pony house?" So tomorrow we are going to pick up her pony house that she has been waiting and asking about every day for the past 2 months. She knew as soon as she went on the toilet by herself she would get it.

2 comments:

Bran..Brit..Jax..and Skylee said...

WHAT hurray!!! That is so funny!

Lisa said...

haha, that is awesome! Man, it's sad that IM thinking about the day I won't ever have to deal with diapers again...and that's kind of a loooong way off. bummer.