Thursday, August 14, 2008

Isla Mujeres

The first day we were there we went on a catameran out to Isla Mujeres. This turned out to be the funnest thing I think we did down there. It was beautiful!! I could have stayed there the whole time. The snorkeling wasn't any good but everything else was awesome.
When snorkeling they herded us through like a bunch of cows. People were pushing you out of the way. It was really irritating and I really questioned if that was the best idea to do that day. The following activities proved to me that it was and I would do it all over again. After snorkeling they took us to the island and let us go shop around the town for a bit. It is crazy what some people are able to live in. I will never complain about our bathroom sizes again. (at least for a week)
After we were done shopping they took us over to a secluded area on the island where they fed us and let us rest. This place was incredible.
After this we were supposed to parasail behind the boat but there wasn't enough wind to do it so they let us jump off the boat and swim. The tour guides were so funny. They focused alot of their attention on us because we were the only ones not drinking. So of course they come straight to Amber and I when they want to get the dancing going and do their tequila shots so we compromised and danced. Still, I think this was one of the funnest things.
Of course there is no picture of me because I was the last one in.

1 comment:

The Olsons said...

I think I'm ready for a nice relaxing vacation again! When we left Hawaii in January I wasn't ready to come home at all. I have been wanting to go back since! You guys did a lot of fun stuff! But I wouldn't mind even just sitting on the beach for a week!