Thursday, August 14, 2008

Scuba Diving!!!

This is really the only thing I cared about doing while we were there. I had decided to go by myself while Ryan and Spencer went deep sea fishing when we discovered that Amber, even though not certified, could take a little class in the morning and then go out on a guided dive with instructors in the ocean. I was so glad that I had someone to go with and I think that the funnest part about it was the fact I was with her when she got to do it for the first time. The following are pictures of our scuba day and her in her class. I'll post the other pictures I took once I get them developed and scanned onto our computer.That is Amber in her class. She will probably kill me for posting these. I think she looks cute.

We are on our way out to the reef!!
This is after we were done and thrilled with the experience. We saw a bunch of fish, a sting ray, sea turtle and lots of Mexicans in speedo's.

6 comments:

Kirstin said...

Looks like a beautiful, fun trip. I am glad that you guys were able to get away and have a nice vacation like that. I am jealous of everything....scuba, snorkeling, being in the ocean, holding the monkeys!!! And again....I am jealous of your tan!

Kathy said...

What? Did anyone in the family know you were leaving the country? Sounds like a fun trip; so are you Scuba certified? I want to be!! So, Jen and Heather talked me into blogging; isn't that hilarious? Come see our blog!

The Bensons said...

yes I am certified and I love it. You need to get certified and then go on our next trip with us. I think it might be down to the keys, Belize (i know you just got back from there) or Costa Rica. We are shooting for next summer.

Lisa said...

It looks like you guys had such a good time on your trip!! Too bad we can't all go on those more often huh??? Where and when did you get scuba certified??

The Bensons said...

I was certified about 1 year before I met Ryan and then did my advanced about 1 year after we were married when he got certified. We were planning a big trip but then kids came and money went.

Queen Bee said...

Amazing pics! Looks like you had fun!! Lucky!