Friday, August 1, 2008

Yesterday was a Day

I have to say yesterday was one of those days that make you want to shut yourself in your room and never come out. Amongst other things that were going on, my little Allie took it upon herself to try to make me go over the edge. First of all, she won't go pee pee until the very last second and she is racing against time to get on the toilet before she has an accident. 6 out of 7 times yesterday she didn't make it and there were little puddles in front of the toilet. (I know, at least it wasn't on the carpet) She is nice enough to put a thin layer of toilet paper over the top and then put her wet clothes in the sink. But by the time I find it, it has become a soggy pee pee toilet paper mess on the floor. 6 TIMES I CLEANED THAT MESS UP!!
Then at one point she came out asking for more undies. I asked if she had an accident again and she said, "no! The toilet water got them wet!" So I go in there and the toilet had overflowed out to the carpet. I had to stick my hand down into the hole and pull out half a roll of toilet paper. I am gagging just thinking about it. Then... she came out of my room later with a "cute" look on her face. As she gets closer I can smell her coming. She emptied a ton of ryan's aftershave into her hair. So into the tub she goes. After that she found some massage oil and spilled that whole bottle out on her carpet in her room and smeared it all over her legs and shirt. Into the tub again. At least it was on the purple carpet- maybe homeowners will cover getting that replaced. Then she painted her table with my nail polish. Then she took off the top of our lotion and stepped on it so it squirt all the way up our wall. Then she got into my face lotion and used it as hand soap and emptied out that whole container. And last, she mixed all my makeup colors together. I had gotten all these messes cleaned up and was ready to go vent and run for a bit, when, to top this all off, Dallin left his open can of root beer in the door of the fridge and when I wen to catch the fridge door before it hit the wall, it jerked and knocked the "very close to full" can of pop over and out all over the floor. For those of you who know me I FREAK out at sticky stuff on the floor. I just hate anything sticky. At this point today I am still cleaning up sticky spots I am finding from that mess yesterday.

6 comments:

Bran..Brit..Jax..and Skylee said...

Ah HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA SOUNDS LIKE A DAY FROM HELL! I can't believe all that! Im in for it with a girl on the way I just know it. I guess ill have stories for you to laugh at now.

shellyray said...

Oh that was funny, only because I have been there. I think you do have a higher tolerance than I because I would have lost it long before the root beer incident. I just hope Heidi and Clara weren't helping Allie out with all her escapades yesterday. Gosh, Clara probably taught her everything she knows. Clara could write the book on "How to make your mother crazy and still look cute."

Emily said...

BREATHE! I feel ya'. But they do frown on child abuse :)

The Olsons said...

Emily! I'm SO sorry! I know days like that. And then you wanted to go running, I'm sorry I didn't go, It's been crazy this week, we will need to go running next week, I will try a slow jog, or ride my bike next to you. :) Next time don't ask if I want to go running, just tell me, 'Hurry and get your shoes on, you're going running with me!'

Lisa said...

emily.........I did really feel bad for you reading that, but at the same time had to giggle a little bit. I bet mexico is looking better and better. =) we missed you at mom's birthday cake thingy yesterday!

Kirstin said...

My heart goes out to you woman! Next time you have a day like that...send Allie on over and I will make her and Damon play outside...and just give them popsicle after popsicle. That usually keeps them entertained for a while at least. Oh, and I hear ya on the sticky floor thing. That is when I would have come unglued. You would have heard explitives coming from my house!