Saturday, April 11, 2009

Oh... The local Walmart

and how it makes me want to move EVERYTIME I go there. Does anyone else notice this when they go to the local Walmart? You will standing off to the side of a very wide aisle, when a lady with 4-inch-black-roots-and-blonde-the-rest hair will literally plow into you if you don't quickly move out of the way? I AM PARKED OFF TO THE SIDE and you don't nicely go around me when you have the rest of the aile is called CHARGING! I shouldn't be the one to move. So when I look at her after pulling my legs quickly up onto the cart itself and say, "Was I in your way?" (yeah! the sarcasm is back!) and she looks at me with death in her eyes, I am not so sure I agree she is a mentally normal person. Who acts like that?!? And then there is the shopping cart in the parking lot issue. Whoever reads this and puts their shopping carts back I give you a shout out- GOOD JOB!!! I cannot ever find a place to park because there are shopping carts in every empty stall. I have never been to a store where there are more shopping carts in the stalls than cars. Last month I watched a lady- 2 cars away from the return- push it to the back of the next car AND LEAVE IT! So now it is 1 car away from the return. Are people that lazy??????????????? Give me a break!
These things drive me crazy but I will still go there.... until 2 days ago. I will drive way north if I ever need, I mean, have to go to Walmart after last Thursday.
I had parked way out behind the garden section (because there wasn't anywhere closer because of the shopping carts). I had put Allie back in the car, RETURNED MY CART, was walking back to the truck when I hear some guy call to me from the next lane over. He stopped and asked if I had a second... without really responding he starts going on about his communications project and how he wants to win a trip to Europe... you know what I am talking about. He is talking so fast I don't really have time to talk. Then I look behind me and there is a big, jacked up suburban barreling towards us. So, to avoid getting hit I move to the side. Well, "jack-ass" decides not to move so far out of the road and when the suburban drives by (it is literally 1 foot away from this kids head) I notice the guy driving has his head crained out the window looking at us. Well, because "J.A's" back is turned to the "burb" he doesn't see this. Then "J.A" decides to say, out of the blue, "Is this your boyfriend?" while pointing over his shoulder. Apparently the guy hears this.
So, as I am trying to make my exit I notice "Burb man" has stopped about 10 feet away and is watching out his side mirror. J.A is completely oblivious to this. I hear Burb-man asking in a elevated, angry voice, "Whadya say?" over and over. Then he drives a little bit forward and then stops and asks again. At this point I look in his direction, shrug my shoulders, tell J.A. I don't have time for this and then turn to walk away. As I am walking to my truck I notice Burb-man backs up almost to my truck, stops and sits there a bit, and then peals out and drives 90 miles an hour through the parking lot. He then went into the Starbucks parking lot sped all the way around it and then parked, sat, watched and appeared to be waiting. I locked my doors and sat there in my car for a bit incase he decided to follow me. After about 5 minutes he finally got into the Starbucks drive threw at which point I left. WHO ACTS LIKE THAT I ASK YOU??? I already have different issues with living down here and don't need crazy, mentally unstable people pushing me out the door that much more!
After telling Ryan the incident he thinks that maybe they were connected and trying to do something where I get distracted?? I don't know and I don't care because either scenario is messed up. So, to save my sanity and what ever last little bit of liking living here in tact, I will shop NORTH!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Thank goodness I work in Orem on Fridays, that's all i have to say. I love Target. But, don't worry Emily. Everytime I feel embarassed for going to Wally world in my sweats fresh from the gym and looking lovley, I never have to worry. I'm always the best dressed one there!! (and we have all our teeth BONUS!) GO PAYSON!!

shellyray said...

I shop in Spanish Fork whenever I can. I hate Walmart. It always leaves me onery and frustrated. I've sworn it off more than once but still I go there. Darn convenience! That's a crazy story. You were nice to stop and even talk to the guy. I probably wouldn't have even given him the time of day.

Cheryl Meibos said...

I'm right there with you...I HATE WalMart. I do everything I can to stay away from there. Oh, and the shopping carts...that kills me.