Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Allie's 4th Birthday

Oh my goodness. My kids are growing up. My baby is 4!!!! I didn't realize how big she was until recently when I went to pick her up and she was heavy! She is my last and now she is getting BIG! It isn't fair and this means I am getting old. So, my labor with her was a good time. For 2 weeks prior I had been having terrible pains "down there". I new for sure she was going to rupture something and then I'd be going to the hospital with a foot sticking out. Anyway, nothing ever happened. So one night, Ryan, the boys and I are at my moms house. I am not really paying attention to my mom's and Ryan conversation until finally reality smacked me in the face. I looked at Ryan and said, "You are seriously saying that you think you have a kidney stone? Well, I am actually feeling really good today so I doubt anything is going to happen." We went to the instacare and sure enough, he had a stone. So we went home and put the boys to bed, when I started to get this horrible feeling like my hips were getting pushed apart. (never happened with the boys. I was excited because maybe they would stay and give me some sort of curves) Sure enough, I was in labor. So, off we go to the hospital with Ryan hopped up on Lortab and I am contracting. We got to the hospital and only called my sister. I wanted to not have everyone there until I knew I was just a bit away. My sister brought in (snuck in) food and let me eat the whole time I was in labor. Unlike Garrett this epideral worked like a charm. I was happy as a bird. Unfortunately for Ryan, his Lortab only could go so far. I never knew he was in pain, but apparently he was. So about the time I was able to push Ryan had passed the stone. We gave birth together but Ryan flushed his. She was born after 2 pushes at 6:36 am. I have to say, this was the best experience of my life. I had so much fun chilling with Ryan and my sister. In fact, I would have another one to be able to experience that again. That is not a reason to have a baby though (plus I can't now). So anyway, here is a little trip down Allie memory lane...



So Allie was super excited for her birthday this year. She wanted to get everything pony and littlest pet shop. She was also dang excited about going to school and having her friends sing happy birthday. She woke up this morning sick. She cried and cried when I told her she couldn't go. But it ended up being a good day.

2 comments:

The Olsons said...

When Allie is fifteen, just look at that last picture, and she will look just about exactly the same. Scary!

Laura said...

It does go by so fast. But look at how cute she is. In fact, all your kids are dang cute. And so is your new puppy, what a great bday present! I hope you and your family are doing good!