Thursday, January 22, 2009

What a fantastic moring...

I usually wake up to trying to drag kids out of bed, get them fed, and fight with them to get ready (usually while they are wrestling on the floor). This morning was completely different. I woke up to the sound of Dallin pulling his shirt off the hanger- you can hear the hanger come back and bang the closet wall on the other side of our bathroom. So I laid there listening and realized he and Garrett were up. I dozed off for a minute until I heard Garretts hanger hit the wall. I looked at the clock and it was 6:30!!! I didn't say a word; I just rolled over and pulled the pillow over my head. Besides, I still had 30 minutes to sleep. A bit later I hear the sound of cereal being poured. Not one bowl, but 3- they were getting breakfast for Allie, too! "WTH?" I asked myself. Had the world come to an end? Are pigs flying? I just smiled and continued my silence because you never know what kind of demands are going to come my way if they find out I am awake. I hear them finish eating and then all three bowls went into the sink. They both walked back to the bathroom, brushed their teeth, took their school bags and coats to the door, and then went back to the kitchen to make their lunches. I couldn't take it anymore. I am now thinking that they damaged the house somewhere and are wanting to quickly make up for it before I come unglued. I got out of bed, went into the living room and asked what was going on. They both looked at me, (Allie yells out, Hi mommy! The boys got me breakfast. Your hair is crazy!) and said, "We are completely ready. Can we please play the Xbox before school?" This is usually a big NO in our house, but I didn't have the heart to tell them no. Besides the amount of peace that game brought us this morning is unreal. I figure if they are going to get completely ready without being asked they deserve it. (This also proves to me that they ARE capable of getting totally ready without me reminding them 173 times) I love those kids.

2 comments:

Amy Morris said...

Wow! I can't even imagine what that would be like. I have to remind my kids to do everything in the morning. I would of let them play XBOX every morning if they keep that up.
They sure grow up fast, don't they?

shellyray said...

That is an awesome morning! I would be forcing X-Box from now on!