Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our little girl is not so little anymore

I have known for several years that we are done having cute babies. Between different things that have happened it has been confirmed that there will be no more. We are great with this. We are so happy with the three that we have. However, through a series of different events, I have realized that my baby girl is not so much a baby girl anymore. What happened to my dependant little angel? (Ok. I know she has never been that dependant and only 95% angel) It never really bothered me with the boys because I still had one more. But now my last baby is growing up! What am I going to do when she goes to school? I have always joked that when all kids are in school I will be able to finally run whenever I want... But it always seemed like it was YEARS away. Until now! I am freaking a bit. I have enjoyed the young years of my kids lives so much and now I am realizing all of them are going to be growing out of it very shortly. And our dog just isn't filling that void- maybe if it pooped in a diaper I would feel differently... Anyway, all this was brought on by the fact that she rides her bike without training wheels. One more step towards I-don't-need-my-mom-for-anything-dom.

And then to top it all off, she got her ears pierced. I told her it was going to hurt really bad and she didn't care. Once they stuck her she bawled and bawled. She quickly rebounded once she saw the earrings, though.

2 comments:

Bran..Brit..Jax..and Skylee said...

Im sending skylee up to you okay? I havne't slept in 9 months and I think that I need to hibernate for a day! Or better yet what the hell just come down so we can play at the pool all day!

Unknown said...

I love that girl! So grown up, but she'll always be her mommy's best friend.