Seriously though, with the exception of the last 2 miles, I had a blast. We hiked the Timpanookee side and the leaves on the trees were beautiful!!

This is at the saddle where Kirk couldn't bear to look at the point that we had to go. :)
(This spot is reserved for when I get the picture of when we were at "that point")
And this is on our way down from "that point".


Where's the mountain goat???

I have never found joy in the fall. It has always been ugly to me until this year- maybe it is because I now enjoy a winter sport- who knows. All I know is that the colors were unreal and these pictures do not do it justice.
It was a very long hike to the top with a couple of shortcuts that I am still trying to figure out if they were worth it because of the energy we spent trying to get up them. It was just Ryan's oldest brother (there are 12 boys and 2 girls) Kirk, his wife Kathy and I. Other than the fact that I was finally hiking this after 4 years of planning, I was able to spend time with them and get to know them better. I like them so much more now than I did before and I can't wait for next year when we WILL do it again!! Lisa- we will still do it next year. You can be on the planning committee and start getting people excited about it.
4 comments:
So you didn't slide down the glacier? That is the reward for hiking to the top! My favorite part! It looks really beautiful! I wish I could have gone! I want to go next year!
I think there are too many rocks showing through right now and I didn't want to break anything. I chose life.
Emily - you "like us more NOW than you did before"? What the heck is that supposed to mean? As far as I knew we have always been your favorite - that's why we hiked with you for cryin' out loud :) And what about the pictures? We have sent them to you twice now. Are you giving us fake email addresses or what? Okay your favorite brother-in-law Kirk is going to try to send them again. we love you (just as much as we did before the hike)
It isn't a mean thing!!! How many times have we spent one on one with eachother since I have known you? 0. It is the first time that I have been able to just talk with you guys and get to know you better with out any interuptions. It's kindof like when you are dating someone. On your first date you don't love them at the level you love them say when you get married- It is the same thing! I have always loved you guys!!!
Post a Comment