Monday, October 20, 2008

Thanksgiving Day 4 mile run

There is a 4 mile race at the Orem Rec Center Thanksgiving morning that I am trying to get people to go to. I have always gone to these things by myself in the past and find it is a lot more fun to have people join in at the start line. I ran this race 5 years ago and it was my best time ever for 4 miles. I don't see myself beating that time this year being I don't run as much as I used to but I am going to try!! But it is an easy course-no hills. They even have a two mile walk and fun runs for the kids so there is something for everyone to enjoy and it isn't that expensive. Here is the link if you would like to join in-http://www.srcevents.com/thanksgiving/ This is a good way to feel ok about eating as much as you do that day.

Hope to see lots of you there!!!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh no you don't! I'm not getting roped into another one of your hair-brained ideas again..."C'mon, it will be fun and SO easy!" I WILL cheer really loud for you though when you cross the finish line, having broken your personal record! I love your energy and enthusiasm...maybe by next year I won't still be sore from hiking Timp :) Love your guts!

The Bensons said...

Hey- you said so yourself that hiking timp was harder than running your marathon and this is 22.6 miles shorter. You can totally do it!! Did you read the part about the 2 mile walk? You could do that and still smile...

Cyndi said...

OK! now I'm just stalking you! did you get that e-mail thing from me? I seriously have been trying to tarck you down forever! and now I just googled you and found this! horray for me! im so smart. e-mail me, text me, call me, leave a message on my blog....WHATEVER! I just want to talk to you! I miss you!
~cyndi

Janice {Run Far} said...

Hey there girl, I am all about keeping in contact via blog, email and what ever. I am going to be out in Utah for Thanksgiving and my sisters and I have already talked about finding something to run. We will have to check this one out for sure. I am excited you have a little girl now... they are sooooo much fun. Which other marathon have you run? i have run St george 3 times, SLC marathon, Boston, and Ogden. I have run a million (it seems) halfs. I love love love it. I have a running blog as well. Since moving to Ky, I have struggled with alot of my motivation to run the distance, so I started the running blog to try and help me, it has a little. www.runningfarstrong.blogspot.com
our family blog is
www.thecookgang-janni.blogspot.com
later

The Bensons said...

That would be great! You would probably kick my butt, though. I am trying to get back into a regular routine of running. Hopefully it will be more motivation if I know that I have to keep up with you!